First of all, if you are having trouble receiving the download on your mail inbox put your direction here and the Humble team will send you another link with the demo (It seems that their system has some problems with the mail listing). Now you can choose between Windows or Mac OS X.
We couldn’t export a Linux build so far (it’s not so easy as preparing a Mac version and we need to make additional changes to the core structure of the game) so our apologies for the Linux backers 🙁 we’ll keep you informed about any progress in this matter.
These are some of the things that we changed / fixed for this version:
- The save state is fixed. Once the player dies Subject W will rebirth in the previous garden the Continue option will be highlighted by default if you have a save state
- Pressing Intro/Start during the game will ask if you want to return to the main menu
- Pressing Intro/Start during a cutscene will ask if you want to skip it
- The ESC key is mapped like the Intro key
- The game will launch with the default resolution of your Screen (Res. options will be included in the final version with a windowed mode too)
- Now the player is able to climb-descend if keeps the D key (keyboard)/RT (controller) pressed while walking. We’ll probably add different modes of configuration for players that prefer to run with the RT and climb with the X button
- The graphic prompt that represents a climbable surface has a wider range (players can identify them from the distance)
- Subject W makes a wider jump and it’s easier to move between surfaces without falling from the corners (with this quick fix platforming is less annoying but we’ll keep working on this mechanic)
- The difficulty curve is more balanced. From the beginning players will have the possibility to interact with their environment on less stressful situations
- Multiple rooms have been adjusted to the new mechanics
- The doors keep opened while you enter from another room (you don’t have to see the opening animation twice)
- The scientists looking at the back show a new state bubble with a clock, representing that they are distracted and you can advance unnoticed
- Some bugs of the map have been solved (all closed doors are represented with a red wall) and now the save gardens are highlighted on green
- All the lower hideouts are unified. To use them Subject W needs to be in a crouched position
- Fixed the pixel art rotation bug of the guards shooting
- Irvine grenades make more damage
- The game works on Windows 32 bits
Problems that we are still working on and might appear while playing:
- The Mac version shows white bands (or a rectangle) if your screen resolution is not proportional to the original resolution of the game (480×270). The final version will show black borders instead of white ones.
- Sometimes the character gets stuck inside elevators. We didn’t manage to find this bug in our tests but you can avoid it exiting to the main menu (or the game) and continuing from your last save / launching the game again. This will fix the bug permanently.
If you experience technical issues or have concerns about anything leave a comment below or send us a private message and we’ll look into it.